In order to manage stress, it is important to recognize your personal limits and to take care of yourself. Here are ten ideas that may help you.
- Take a break when you need one. Relax!
- Learn to say no! You can't be everything to everyone.
- If you feel stressed out, talk to someone.
- Decide what is most important to you and set priorities accordingly. If it feels overwhelming, make a list.
- Do not mask stress with the use of alcohol and other drugs - watch your intake of coffee and cigarettes.
- Get some exercise.
- Try and get a good night sleep.
- Eat a balanced diet according to Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating!
- Take a break at work.
- Make time for play.
Develop your own stress management plan using some of the ideas listed above. If you are having difficulty developing a plan for yourself, ask someone for help. Professional assistance is available through Sunrise Health Region Mental Health Services. To set up and appointment, call the adult program intake worker at (306) 786-0558.