Physical therapists, occupational therapists and therapy assistants provide hands on treatment in inpatient and outpatient settings, consultation, as well as specialized service in the areas of seating, dysphagia, transfers and mobility assessments/recommendations. They provide treatment services to people in their own homes, in community health centres, and long-term care facilities throughout the health region.
Therapists provide service in the following facilities:
- Yorkton and District Nursing Home
- Anderson Lodge in Yorkton
- Theodore Health Centre
- Foam Lake Health Centre and Jubilee Care Home
- Lakeview Manor in Saltcoats
- Langenburg Health Care Complex
- St. Anthony\'s Hospital and Care Home in Esterhazy
- St. Peter\'s Hospital in Melville
- St. Paul Lutheran Home in Melville
- Ituna Health Centre and Pioneer Lodge
- Canora Hospital and Gateway Lodge in Canora
- Kamsack Hospital and Nursing Home
- Preeceville Hospital and Lions Housing
- Invermay Health Centre
The therapists work closely with home care services and other community agencies. Health promotion information is provided to various groups and agencies.
The Therapy Department is in partnership with the City of Yorkton Leisure Services and local chapter of the Canadian Diabetes Association in promoting the Stepping Out Program, an exercise and education program to promote a healthy lifestyle.
For more information contact:
Director of Integrated Primary Health Services
Cornerstone Therapies (Yorkton District Nursing Home)
200 Bradbrooke Drive (Access via Winchester St.)
Yorkton, SK S3N 2K5
Back to Therapies Page