Home | Careers | Physicians | News and Publications      Twitter   

Find Us
About Us
Contact Us
Well Wishes

                           Sunrise Health Region is part of the provincial Saskatchewan Health Authority 
Mental Health & Addiction Services: How to Access Services

To talk to somebody about services in the region please call the Sunrise Health Region Mental Health and Addiction Services office:


Toll free: 1-888-989-8444

If you are accessing Mental Health & Addiction Services at the Yorkton Regional Health Centre, click here to view a map identifying the different buildings as well as designated parking areas.

Mental Health & Addiction Services provides a range of services for individuals over the age of 5.  Our team of professionals use a variety of strategies to provide care to those seeking help in our community. 

Mental Health & Addiction Services works in co-operation with various non-government community organizations such as the Society for the Involvement of Good Neighbours (SIGN), the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), Shelwin House and the school systems, to co-ordinate the delivery of mental health services in the region. Click here for a list of services.

Sunrise Health Region embraces a shared decision making model, which is client and family centered. This means you identify your needs and we work together to help you find ways to have your needs met. Click here to learn more about what to expect when accessing services.

How to Access Services

Adults and mature minors can access services by phoning the Mental Health & Addiction Services (MHAS) intake worker line at 306-786-0558 or toll free at 1-888-989-8444, Monday to Friday between 8:00am and 4:30pm (with the exception of Stat holidays). You may also be referred to MHAS by a health professional, such as your physician, a public health nurse or a nurse practitioner (NP). Children ages 5-17 may be referred by a parent, school counsellor or physician/NP. We do not accept referrals from adults for other adults, for example a wife referring her husband for services or a parent referring their adult child.

Mental Health & Addiction Services are voluntary services for persons over the age of 5.  You or your child may be referred to MHAS by someone else but you decide whether to accept or refuse services unless there is immediate (clear, detailed and current) risk of harm to self or someone else. Referrals to psychiatry can be received from your family physician, NP or your primary therapist if you are already receiving services through Mental Health and Addiction Services. Sunrise Health Region Psychiatrists are the only persons who are authorized to admit individuals to the inpatient psychiatric unit at Yorkton Regional Health Centre.

How to access services after regular business hours:

If you need to access services outside of the hours of Monday to Friday between 8:00am and 4:30pm you can contact your family physician or visit the Walk-in clinic (phone 306-782-1122 for hours of service).  If your need for services is immediate, you can visit your local emergency department or dial the Healthline at 811.